Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Day 1  - Beaufort NC to Wrightsville Beach NC
11:00 AM-9:00 PM
Seapath Marina, Wrightsville Beach
We got off to a late start as the fresh water pump was acting up.  We cruised along in very chilly weather for a while, until we arrived in the Camp Lejeune area, where the marines were engaged in bombing practice.  They had the Intercoastal closed for about an hour.  We finally were able to move again, only to approach a bridge that would not open for another 40 minutes.  This happened 2 more times, the last one just as the sun was setting.  Shortly after we were in pitch black, except for the occasional flashing marker.  I was so cold that my hands shook as I tried to hold a flashlight on the depth meter.  I don't want to have that experience every again.  NEW RULE:  Be at a dock or at anchor by 4 pm!

2 comments:

  1. Wow....Sounds like quite the adventure!! I love checking on you guys!! Enjoy and be safe. I like your new rule...at a dock by 4:00pm!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brian wants to know if Mal has a Qbeam light????

    ReplyDelete